- This event has passed.
Youth Exchange “Open the Door. Go Outdoor” 11-18 October 2018 in Nysted, Denmark.
October 11, 2018 - October 18, 2018Free
Type of Activity: Youth Exchange
PLACE AND DATE: (11-18 October) to NYSTED, DENMARK.
PARTICIPANTS: 50 young people.
Info Pack! Download it here!
COUNTRIES: Partner countries will be from Denmark, Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Romania, France and Bulgaria.
Main aim of the youth exchange ‘Open the Door. Go Outdoor.’ is to provide young people with fewer opportunities a space to take part in outdoor and adventure based activities and develop skills for life (teamwork, problem solving or conflict management). Moreover, the youth exchange aims to activate young people facing obstacles, challenges and make them build self- confidence and self-esteem by taking part in outdoor based activities. The youth exchange focus on people with fewer opportunities because there is lack of activities focusing on this target group in partners’ communities.
Objectives of the Youth Exchange:
- To develop life skills of young people with fewer opportunities through outdoor and adventure based activities;
- To activate young people with fewer opportunities and to provide them a safe space to increase self-confidence and self-esteem;
- To support exchanging and sharing practices, experiences, methods and techniques of outdoor education across and increasing the quality of youth work targeting young people with fewer opportunities in participant’s organizations;
- To increase knowledge of the participants on Erasmus + Programme and to encourage young people with fewer opportunities to take part in international youth projects;
- To support creating new project ideas based on using outdoor methods and techniques
- To strengthen partnerships between the organizations.
The youth exchange will be based on non-formal education, concretely on outdoor education. Main impact of the youth exchange will be empowerment of directly involved participants, young people with fewer opportunities. Moreover, the youth exchange aims to increase quality of activities in partners’ organization based on outdoor education and support development of new project ideas for future activities promoting outdoor education as tool for empowering young people in challenging situations.