Project Reference: 2019-2-RO01-KA105-064199
Type of Project: Youth mobility
Number of sent participants: 7
Youth exchange ‘Act Now: STOP Hate Speech Now!’ is responding on the challenges not just Romanian society but also in societies of participating countries connected with discrimination and raising level of extremism. Moreover, the project is reflecting the needs of the participants to develop their competencies to effectively tackle hate speech in their communities and to contribute to creating hate free society. Also, the project is responding on the needs of the organizations to develop their capacities in the area of fighting discrimination and social exclusion and provide quality activities to the participants of their projects.
– to increase competencies of the participants and participating organizations to fight offline and online hate speech in their communities;
– to raise awareness, especially among young people, on the issue offline and online hate speech and hate crime , its forms and consequences;
– to create plans for local events addressing hate speech in participant’s communities and series of video messages on hate speech;
– to strengthen competencies of the participants to effectively use various media, including social one, as tools for awareness raising;
– to develop communication, teamwork, leaderships skills of the participants in intercultural settings;
– to support creating new contacts among the participants and their organizations and developing new projects ideas that could be implemented with support of Erasmus + Programme;
– to raise knowledge of the participants and the organizations on Erasmus + Programme and especially encourage the participants to take part in mobility activities.
Project will have one main Activity – Youth exchange with 5 partners.
Project objectives will reached by methods and techniques based on non-formal education including simulations, discussions, teamwork or individual assignments. The impact of the youth exchange ‘Act Now: STOP Hate Speech Now!’ will be especially on individual level of directly involved young people who will raise their knowledge on online and offline hate speech and be empowered to address it. Participating organizations will strengthen their partnerships and increase their capacities to address online and offline hate speech, as well.
The youth exchange will bring together 6 youth organizations from following countries Romania, Turkey, Estonia, Malta, North Macedonia and Latvia. National group will consists from 6 young people and 1 group leader. National groups will include 3 participants with fewer opportunities. The activity will take place from 1.11. 2019 to 7.11. 2019 in Brasov, Romania.
Youth exchange Act Now: STOP Hate Speech Now! will have significant impact on directly involved participants and participating organizations and their communities. Directly involved participants will develop their competencies, raise their knowledge on combating online and offline hate speech, get inspire from practices of other countries and moreover they will become motivated to be active and motivate their peers to combat hate speech and take part in international mobility activity.
Partners of this project will increase their project management competencies and gain better understanding of the importance of supporting activities understanding what is hate speech and how to combat it. They will strengthen their networks and have an opportunity to create quality partnerships for future projects. Besides impact on directly involved participants and participating organizations youth exchange will have strong impact on local community of hosting country.
We will make project Blog/ web site, Booklet “Act Now: STOP Hate Speech Now!”, new project ideas and videos. From all these results can benefit other young people and organizations interested in freedom of speech and recognizing and combating Hate speech.