Project Reference: 2019-1-BG01-KA105-062162
Type of Project: Youth workers mobility
Number of sent participants: 3
The main aim of the project “Employed and Successful in future Europe” is to equip youth workers, young leaders and stakeholders with skills, knowledge and competencies in the field of ICT (Information and Communication Technology). Through the program of the main activity, training course for youth workers, we will prepare professionals, which will successfully implement and use the skills and knowledge learned during the training, in their work with young people. Youth workers will have the knowledge and skills to organize projects, seminars, training courses, workshops, etc. based mainly on non-formal educational methods and tools.
As the most important objectives of the project, we can outline the following points:
– Raising the awareness for the importance of the digital skills in todays competitive world;
– Creation of new tools of non-formal education for young people in the field of digital technologies;
– Understanding what is behind the term “digital image” and how essential is in order to find a job or start a new business;
– Improving resume writing skills and skills for writing motivational letter;
– Developing digital marketing skills;
– Learning about different ways of self-education online;
– Exploring and understanding the mindset of a successful digital entrepreneur;
– Creating a network of non-governmental organizations on European level, which will be a base for future European projects in the field of digitalization, ICT and youth;
– Creating a website on the topic of the project with useful information, created with the help of the participants as important outcome of the project. The website will consist of useful information about writing a good resume for job application, tips and tricks for creating a business plan, entrepreneurial advises etc.
This project fully links with the objectives of the Erasmus + programme and the Europe 2020, connected with tackling unemployment and smart, sustainable and inclusive growth as a way to overcome the structural weaknesses in Europe’s economy, improve its competitiveness and productivity.
The project “Employed and Successful in future Europe” will have one main activity will ensure the mobility of young workers representing the training course. The participants will be 33 of 11 countries – the host country Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Turkey and the United Kingdom (Wales). The duration of the training course will be 7 days and will be held at the end of 2019 in Sofia, Bulgaria. The work schedule will be based on the educational needs of the participants and created with the help of all partners in the this project to improve their daily work with young people. The participants’ profile can be characterized as:
– Youth leaders, youth workers, youth mentors and mediators and in general people active in the youth field and active at local, national and international level. Representatives of all stakeholders in the youth field;
– Reputable and with a positive image in the local community and non-governmental sector;
– At least 18 years of age;
– Fluent in English at working level, but if a lesser level of English, at least one representative of each country to have a higher level in order to translate for the rest;
– Participants with a strong educational need in the field of information technologies and communications to implement the lessons learned in their work with young people;
– Active participant in each phase of the project from preparatory, mobility and follow-up activities such as dissemination of results, visibility of the project and Erasmus + program, etc.
The participants, who will be youth workers, youth leaders, youth mediators and people with youth interest, will acquire important skills and knowledge on the topic of the project. The gained experience will improve their work and capacity in the future work in the field of information and communication technologies, digitalisation, digital entrepreneurship and opportunities for development in the digital age. As a result of the project, we expect fully prepared youth workers – able to train young people with their competencies and skills in these fields. Young people will receive first-hand information about current opportunities for digital technology, become more competitive on the labor market, gain more knowledge about the creation of digital companies and entrepreneurial initiatives, and skills to produce better resume applications for work. They will be better acquainted with the privacy of their privacy on the Internet and their rights on the Internet, they will become financially informed about today’s digital economy, they will know where to look for additional education opportunities online and how to make the most of them.
Also, within this project each participating organization will expand its network with similar in the field, which will have a very positive impact on Erasmus +.