Project Reference: 2019-2-UK01-KA105-062285
Country: United Kingdom
Type of Project: Youth mobility
Number of sent participants: 10
The Exchange was created with aim to provide an experience of intercultural learning activities to all the participants involved in it. It is focused on personal development through sport and outdoor activities, with an objective to bring more awareness about equality in everyday life of all the people involved in it and give them the platform of information and knowledge about this question and motivate them to spread their experience further on.
Objectives of the youth exchange:
– promote the value of sport as a tool for social inclusion and active participation
– tackle the topic of equality,
– to provide an experience of intercultural learning activities to all the participants involved in it.
– Through personal development through sport and outdoor activities, with an objective to bring more awareness about equality in every day life of all the people involved in it.
– To raise awareness of intercultural communication as part of team work (and team work in general) and provide opportunities for learning about each other’s reality.
– To learn more about Erasmus+ plus programme and opportunities that it offers.
– To provide the participants an opportunity to share practices, to reflect on common challenges in the field of living in intercultural environment.
“My Culture – Traditional Games & Sports” will be a youth exchange with programme countries:
UK, Romania, Turkey, North Macedonia, Poland and Bulgaria.
Youth exchange will take place in London involving 6 partners.
It will have 10 group leaders and 50 participants with following background:
– young people from 18 till 25 years form partner countries
– interested in culture, traditional sports and intercultural learning
– motivated to work together in teams with participants from other countries, to promote the traditional sports and culture using media (videos, photography, social media, blogging)
– motivated to use offline channels: word of mouth, peer from peer learning, presentations . . .
– participants with fewer opportunities, having anxiety problems and social problems.
Group leaders will be selected by each organization, and it will be person very experienced in Erasmus + Projects, being leader on many other projects, ready to do workshops and facilitate project activities. There is no age limit set for group leaders. Participants will be from 18 to 25 years old, and we will make sure to ensure gender balance.
Youth exchange ‘My Culture – Traditional Games & Sports’ will have strong impact on directly involved young people who will increase their competencies (teamwork, facilitation, interecultural competencies, problem solving, cultural awareness, intercultural sensitivity), it will create a bridge between cultures for a better understanding, and will develop acceptance.
The project results will include creating a Handbook for traditional sports and partners culture. Youtube channel with interviews and testimonial of the participants and video form the project. WordPress blog with articles, interviews, short stories and other media content created by the participants. Social media appearance (Facebook page), with posts promoting the value of sport as a tool for social inclusion and active participation.
Final event of this youth exchange will be show of traditional sports, Videos and promotional materials will be also made for multiplying and dissemination.
Project in general will have impact on involved partners that will strengthen their partnerships and have possibility to increase their capacities promote the value of sport as a tool for social inclusion and active participation.
During 8 days (planned dates 23.10 – 20.10.2019plus travel days), people from UK, Serbia, Poland, Romania, Turkey and North Macedonia will get the chance to be part of this YE, break stereotypes and work together on the final results.
Check out the video