Project Reference: 2019-1-NO02-KA105-001393
Type of Project: Youth mobility
Number of sent participants: 10
Youth Exchange ‘Building Inclusive Society: Everyone Welcome’ will be implemented in Istanbul, Turkey. It will bring together 60 young people from 6 different countries (Norway, Turkey, Macedonia, Denmark, Lithuania and Czech Republic.).
By reaching below mentioned objectives youth exchange ‘Building Inclusive Society: Everyone Welcome’ will contribute to creating gender equal societies and it will lead to gender empowerment of young people in participating countries.
Objectives of youth exchange ‘Building Inclusive Society: Everyone Welcome’:
1. To provide the participants an opportunity to reflect on own gender identity and the perception of society towards different genders;
2. To increase knowledge of the participants on gender equality and mechanisms leading to creating gender equal societies;
3. To raise awareness of young people reached through blog, social networks and YouTube channel on gender, gender discrimination and role of young people in the process of creating gender equal society
4. To open the question of gender discrimination with special focus to be paid young people representing LGBTQ;
5. To develop competencies of the participants needed to address gender based stereotypes, prejudices and discrimination, especially through social networks and events in their communities;
6. To increase knowledge of the participants on Erasmus + Programme and to encourage the participants to take part in youth mobility.
This youth exchange will be with Programme Countries. Youth exchange ‘Building Inclusive Society: Everyone Welcome’ will include 60 participants representing following countries: Norway, Turkey, Macedonia, Denmark, Lithuania and Czech Republic …
Youth exchange ‘Building Inclusive Society: Everyone Welcome’ will include as newcomers as young people who already took part in mobility activities. Working language of the youth exchange will be English, and participants will have basic knowledge of English (common language), motivation to improve their communication skills and gain new competences they can use in their lives. Participants also need to have interest in gender, fighting gender discrimination, exploring gender realities in participant’s countries, in Erasmus + Programme, and working on new project ideas.
Each partner will hold a preparation meetings and prepare 4 participants with fewer opportunities. Age group on this projects will be participants from 18 to 26, but according the learning needs and motivation, partner can include 26 – 30 years participants too.
Youth exchange ‘Building Inclusive Society: Everyone Welcome’ will have 2 level impact:
1. impact on directly involved participants and
2. Impact on partners.
Participants will increase their knowledge on gender, addressing gender based discrimination and Erasmus + programme. They will develop new competencies, and create strong partnerships.
This Youth Exchange is designed to bring new project ideas ensuring project sustainability. Partners will work on project blog with materials, lessons learned and stories, video interviews with participants done with aim to increase interest of young people in gender and Erasmus Programme and especially ‘Handbook – Set of recommendations’ including description of activities and available online in English.