- This event has passed.
Call for participants for a Youth Exchange “Our rights, Human rights!” in Hvalso, Denmark
January 7, 2020 - January 16, 202020EUR
- Type of Activity: Youth Exchange
- PLACE AND DATE: 7-16 January in Hvalso, Denmark
- PARTICIPANTS:8 participants + 2 team leaders from Macedonia
- PARTNER COUNTRIES:UK, Denmark, Lithuania, Hungary, Turkey and Macedonia
- LANGUAGE:The working language will be English.
- AGE: 18 – 30
Participants are obliged to attend and be active throughout the duration of the project, as well as taking part in the dissemination activities after the end of the project!
Priority will be given to participants who have not participated in Erasmus+ projects so far.
More information in the Info Pack included to this LINK
Interested candidates can fill in the Application form.
Only chosen candidates will be contacted.
About the project
Involving people from different parts of Europe, this project seeks to show that the concept of human rights is relative to the social and cultural context in different societies, but still it has relevance everywhere around the world. Thus, with this Youth exchange we want to orient participants in the intellectual tradition of human rights and to give them the resources which will allow them to appreciate and criticize its contemporary status. Given that, we want to help young people gain better understanding and knowledge of human rights inherent to all human beings, whatever the nationality, place of residence, sex, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, language, or any other status is. In that regard, this project will open discussion on some of the most important issues related to human rights, such as the current situation with the refugees and immigrants across Europe. Also this Youth exchange aims to empower young people to become more active in their daily life and to use their talents towards a positive cause, such as promoting democracy, human rights, and the rule of law in the civil society. The project’s objectives are set as following:
- to explain different approaches and perspectives about human rights, as well as to exchange experiences and practices on projects’ topic among youngsters from different countries, cultures and backgrounds;
- to raise awareness among youth across Europe about the importance of supporting and exercising human rights;
- to empower youth to become more active in their daily life and to use their time qualitatively and usefully;
- to transform participant’s own personal experiences, to develop competencies and to learn a variety of techniques to develop creatively;
- to encourage participants’ talents and build their confidence;
- to give advice about active youth involvement and to promote social inclusion and anti-discrimination;
This activity is funded by European Commission from the Erasmus+ program. All costs are covered by the organizer (accommodation, food and transportation).To know that the food will be prepared by the participants themselves.