- This event has passed.
Youth Exchange “Human Library: Human Rights Education in Practice”, 01-09 July 2019, in Fuglebjerg, DENMARK
July 1 - July 9EUR20
Type of Activity: Youth Exchange
PLACE AND DATE: (1-9 July 2019) to Fuglebjerg, DENMARK.
PARTICIPANTS: 60 young people (8 youth + 2 group leaders from each country).
COUNTRY: Partner countries will be from United Kingdom, Denmark, Turkey, Lithuania, Italy and North Macedonia.
LANGUAGE: The working language will be English.
Deadline for Applications: 1 June
Deadline for buying Tickets: 10 June
Youth exchange “Human Library: Human Rights Education in Practice” responds on the need to address social exclusion, discrimination and hate speech in participating countries. Through the youth exchange the participants will not just develop gain new knowledge on social exclusion, discrimination but moreover they will strengthen their skills to realize ‘human library’ events in their communities and directly contribute to process of creating socially inclusive society.
Objectives of youth exchange:
- a) To develop participant’s competencies in the area of human rights education and the methodology of human libraries;
- b) to raise participant’s knowledge on the process of realization of human library as a way of addressing stereotypes, prejudices and fighting discrimination;
- c) to empower the participants to contribute to creating socially inclusive society through the process of organizing ‘human library’ during the youth exchange;
- e) to develop participants competences such as teamwork, leadership, communication, presentation and to contribute to their personal and professional development;
- f) to raise intercultural competencies of the participants by giving them an opportunity to interact and work with young people coming from different European countries and also local community from the hosting country;
- g) to teach participants about Erasmus + Programme Aims and Objectives and its Key Action 1 and to inspire the participants to take active part in the Programme.
- h) to support creating network and partnerships between participating organizations, exchange of good practices among participating countries related to human rights education, social inclusion.
By meeting all above mentioned objectives the youth exchange will contribute to achieving goals of Europe 2020 strategy and Erasmus + Programme.