Project Reference: 2019-2-MK01-KA105-060534
Country: North Macedonia
Type of Project: Youth mobility
Number of sent participants: 7
Our project will be Youth Exchange and it will bring together 42 young people from 6 programme countries together in Struga, North Macedonia, from 1 -7 March 2019. Partner will come from following countries: Turkey, Republic of North Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Italy and Serbia
Youth exchange‘Empowering Youth through Outdoor Education’’ main aim is to provide young people with fewer opportunities a space to take part in outdoor and adventure based activities and develop skills for future (Cooperation, group management, teamwork, problem solving, conflict management, ). Moreover, the youth exchange aims to activate young people facing obstacles, challenges and make them build self- confidence and self-esteem by taking part in outdoor based activities. The youth exchange focus on people with fewer opportunities because there is lack of activities focusing on this target group in partners’ communities.
Objectives of the Youth Exchange:
• To develop life skills of young people with fewer opportunities through outdoor and adventure based activities;
• To strengthen partnerships between the organizations.
• To increase knowledge of the participants on Erasmus + Programme and to encourage young people with fewer opportunities to take part in international youth projects;
• To activate young people with fewer opportunities and to provide them a safe space to increase self-confidence and self-esteem;
• To support exchanging and sharing practices, experiences, methods and techniques of outdoor education across and increasing the quality of youth work targeting young people with fewer opportunities in participant’s organizations;
• To support creating new project ideas based on using outdoor methods and techniques
Youth exchange‘Empowering Youth through Outdoor Education’’will be based on non-formal education, concretely on outdoor education. Impact of the youth exchange will be empowerment of directly involved participants, young people with fewer opportunities and building their skills (Cooperation, group management, teamwork, problem solving, conflict management). Moreover, the youth exchange aims to increase quality of activities in partners’ organization based on outdoor education and support development of new project ideas for future activities promoting outdoor education as tool for empowering young people in challenging situations.
Results of this Youth Exchange will be:
YouTube Channel with short real life videos/participants stories, ,
Booklet of Good Practices onOutdoor education/workshops,
WordPress web site- working as Online resource/materialsportal – with a lot of links and PDF materials ready for downloading,
FB Page with short Stories and Short videos.
In case of impact, youth exchange will have impact on directly involved participants and participating organizations. It will be an opportunity for the participants to develop new competencies and for organizations to increase quality of their activities and services, gain new ideas for future projects.