Project Reference: 2018-1-DK01-KA105-046824
Type of Project: Youth mobility
Name of the project; ‘Open the Door. Go Outdoor.
The venue of project; Nysted, Denmark
Date of the project: 11th of October to the 18th of October
Involved partner countries; Denmark, Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Romania, France and Bulgaria.
The project provided young people with fewer opportunities a space to take part in outdoor and adventure based activities and develop skills for life (teamwork, problem solving or conflict management). Moreover, the youth exchange activated young people facing obstacles, challenges and made them build self- confidence and self-esteem by taking part in outdoor based activities. The youth exchange focud on people with fewer opportunities because there was lack of activities focusing on this target group in partners’ communities.
Objectives of the Youth Exchange were:
– To develop life skills of young people with fewer opportunities through outdoor and adventure based activities;
– To activate young people with fewer opportunities and to provide them a safe space to increase self-confidence and self-esteem;
– To support exchanging and sharing practices, experiences, methods and techniques of outdoor education across and increasing the quality of youth work targeting young people with fewer opportunities in participant’s organizations;
– To increase knowledge of the participants on Erasmus + Programme and to encourage young people with fewer opportunities to take part in international youth projects;
– To support creating new project ideas based on using outdoor methods and techniques
– To strengthen partnerships between the organizations.
The youth exchange was based on non-formal education, concretely on outdoor education. Main impact of the youth exchange was empowerment of directly involved participants, young people with fewer opportunities. Moreover, the youth exchange increased quality of activities in partners’ organization based on outdoor education and support development of new project ideas for future activities promoting outdoor education as tool for empowering young people in challenging situations.